Forum

Roy Clark  

RSS

Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
16/11/2018 8:24 am  

I never knew I was aware of so many people till they started dying (seems like 1 or 2 per week now). 

Roy Clark is perhaps more generally recognized from his stint on Hee-Haw and as a musical comedy act. but I'm pretty sure that's unfair. He was a terrific guitar player...exceptional, though I'm no expert. Seemed like a nice fellow. 

He walks without purpose to an uncertain fate

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
16/11/2018 9:43 am  

FYI, how I embedded the video:

1. download this (the free version).

2. install it on your computer.

3. copy the URL of your chosen video. You can get it by highlighting the url at the top of the page (shown below left, highlighted in blue) or by clicking the share button and copying that url (its the same one, unless you change the beginning time).

roy clark

4. Next, you enter it in the box at the top of the Viddly App (shown above right).

The video's information should show up where you see Roy Clark's smiling face in the screen shot up there.

5. Click either download MP4 (video) or MP3 (audio only). Each has a drop down menu for other formats that I use, but you don't have to. They are mostly used for different formats. For example, my phone makes 3gp videos. Different internet movie and music players use different formats. 

But for our purposes, just use MP4 and MP3. Easy peasy.

6. There will be a solid green bar when it's done downloading. The video/audio file will be in a file most likely marked Viddly. You can control that in whatever way you control downloads onto your computer.

You need to know where the files are, for the next step.

7. Click the blue "attach files" button at the bottom, the one with a paper clip next to it.

8. You'll find this screen.

gsrfgs

I don't know if you'll have my files in there, or if you'll start with an empty screen. Either way, anything you bring in will show up at the top. 

9. Click the blue "attach files" button on the left, at the top. 

You'll go to the file explorer on your computer. Find the Widdly file you want to upload, and click on it.

10. Once it shows up, click "start" button to the right of the file. You can use the start upload button, but it skips a step you might not want to skip every time.

11. Once the file is uploaded, click the green "insert into post" button at the top.

The file will show up looking like this:

"[attatch]1[/attatch]"

I had to add a t to each side to show it (it's code, not text, so it doesn't show up on film, like a vampire)

In the real world, you won't have the t's. I'd show it to you, but it won't show up in the correct form. It'll try to actually attach something.

That's HTML code. The first attach means start an attachment. The number chooses which one to attach; it's the actual item you are attaching. The second attach, with the / in it, means complete the job, end the job, however you want to think of it. It separates the attachment from the rest of your post, so it has structural integrity, sort of like putting it into a bowl on your counter.

As I learn some of this HTML stuff, I think [action]item[/action] is how they will all look. Or a lot of them, anyway. I'll keep you posted.

One more thing: Once you've posted your attachment, you can move it around simply by cut/paste or highlighting it and holding down your mouse button while you move it. To leave it, you let go of the mouse button.

I'll leave this here for now, but once we've made sure it works, I'll move it to the proper section of the forum.

Curmudgeon would be a great name for a newly discovered species of crab.

ReplyQuote
Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
16/11/2018 10:58 am  

Let's see if this works. Cool youtube clip...you can see why the Airplane version is preferable (a more dynamic, energetic rock rendition) but this original version has its special charms, too.

ReplyQuote
ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
16/11/2018 12:23 pm  

It works! Start a thread or something, so you can do a few and get it down really well. John can maybe embed a couple, too, join in the fun.

ReplyQuote
ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
16/11/2018 12:30 pm  

As for the video itself, I totally get that. I love the feeling of the original, unrefined song, but it wouldn't have that same dynamic feel without the well-produced, professional version to bounce it against. 

I think I have one of my videos like that ... the video part is just some memes tossed together. 

That's Steve singing ... I'm the drummer/high harmony singer.

ReplyQuote
Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
16/11/2018 12:37 pm  

The original version is introspective, the airplane version is urgent.

I like the other clip...I don't know what a more urgent version would sound like; this one has that reflective feel, like you guys were...listening to yourselves playing, feeling out the song...?

ReplyQuote
ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
16/11/2018 1:00 pm  

That was just a live recording off a cassette tape, a bandstand recording. It was 1996, long before we had the tremendous technology we have now. 

I was actually thinking of a different song, one I recorded by myself. I don't have that one video-ized, though, and there was never a finished, professional version.

ReplyQuote
Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
16/11/2018 2:16 pm  

You shared an audio clip of one of your bands in which the sounds quality was really sharp and showed the performance to excellent effect. The band sounded great, tight, but both patient and energetic. That was a long time ago, possibly on messenger.

ReplyQuote
Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
16/11/2018 2:47 pm  

Sure...as soon as I have something to say in which an attached video would be an enhancement. That could be in five minutes or five weeks, who knows...

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Share: