Forum

William Goldman  

RSS

Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
16/11/2018 9:46 am  

Writing comes in many forms. William Goldman was a traditional writer (novels) but was famous for a slightly less traditional form, script, or screenwriting.

I'm about 3/4 of the way through a Gene Roddenberry biography. This has given me newfound and great appreciation for that kind of writing, its trials and tribulations. As much as Mr. Goldman did (see following link) I almost guarantee that his full output never saw the light of day. People who write for movies or television spend a huge amount of their time on failed projects and constant re-writes. 

I guess it's a given that most of a writer's work never gets published. What there was of his efforts that did make it to the screen was brilliant. I tip my hat to his career, his work, and in honour of his passing. Indeed, I should purchase a hat for these occasions, as they continue to increase in frequency.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46238747

He walks without purpose to an uncertain fate

ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
16/11/2018 9:51 am  

I feel like we should be able to embed news articles too, but I'm not sure. We can on Facebook, but I never know if they are going to actually embed or just show up like that, as a link.

I'll look into it.

Curmudgeon would be a great name for a newly discovered species of crab.

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Share: