Forum

How many of them ar...

How many of them are there?  

RSS

ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
09/01/2019 10:39 am  

When did patriotism become so anti-American? Flag, momma, country, family values ... they have all been completely stood on their head by a rabid womanizer who has never felt the slightest twinge of any of those things in his life. 

And his supporters know it.

• They know he cheated on all three of his wives, including the last one while she was pregnant, in 2006 when he was 60 years old.
  • They know he blew a billion dollars and declared bankruptcy six times.
  • They know his father gave him over $400 million over decades, trying desperately to fund him enough to stop the endless bankruptcies.
  • They know he's run out on signed contracts with so many people that they had to band together and file class action lawsuits.
  • They know there he's been successfully sued for fraud multiple times.
  • They know he's stolen from his own charity.
  • They know his campaign manager, his personal lawyer and his national security adviser pled guilty to felonies and are either in prison or awaiting sentencing.
  • They know that watchdog websites have verified over 6,000 lies he's made in published or public statements since he was inaugurated in January, 2017. That's six thousand lies in about 700 days, roughly nine per day, 60 per week, 250 per month. 
  • They know about his first campaign manager assaulting a reporter on tape, and they know about the attempt to doctor the tape to make it look like an accident. They also know about the White House reporter who was accused of assault at a press conference, and the attempt to doctor that  tape to make it look worse than it was.

I could keep going for hours, and never run out of things to list, things that his supporters know about Mr. Trump. And every one of them is a red-flag sign that Mr. Trump is unfit for the top job in the nation.

Yet 40 percent of the country still supports him.

It would be premature to call him dead until the fucker's literally being hauled out of the building and his base has gone back to watching television and washing down ding dongs with Steel Reserve. 

I always hope that he's finally gone too far, but we've had this drill too many times. He's still dangerous as long as he's in office and his base support holds. 

Curmudgeon would be a great name for a newly discovered species of crab.

Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
09/01/2019 11:47 am  

A cornered animal, and all that. I see the end coming, but of course you are right. It's still worrisome. His descent into desperate madness is dangerous for everyone on earth.

Every day I think to myself how astonishing it is that we (the global we, not just the American we) were and are so vulnerable to this ridiculous demagogue. But, like with babies or toddlers, it is impossible to reason with unreasonable people. 

"Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain"

He walks without purpose to an uncertain fate

ReplyQuote
ventboys
(@ventboy)
Member Admin
09/01/2019 1:08 pm  

The lovely concept that stupid people can vote is in danger, because they have the annoying habit of voting stupidly.

Curmudgeon would be a great name for a newly discovered species of crab.

ReplyQuote
Gary Fletcher
(@gary)
Member Moderator
09/01/2019 4:25 pm  

It's a tough thing to promote, though. In general we should all be against voter suppression, or gerrymandering, just like we should all be against deliberate lies and fabrications.

But I'm against those things because so far they have been used to justify terrible things, to disenfranchise legitimate communities and viewpoints. Now, what if we encouraged truly stupid people to stop pretending to "good old American know-how," a statement which stands for anti-intellectualism and, "don't need no college boy telling me whut to think!" attitudes?

We should start up an online questionnaire titled "Should I even bother to vote?" We'd have to ask good questions, but as I imagine it, there would be no judgement. The point would be evident even to the ignorant that they should educate themselves. Just like you should maybe take a safety course in how to handle a gun, driving lessons, read a manual, etc., before you decide to drive around drinking whiskey with your feet out the window and shooting your gun at no parking signs.

He walks without purpose to an uncertain fate

ReplyQuote

Leave a reply

Share: